Friday, April 23, 2010

All About A.B.

I am such a lucky girl... My Amazing Boyfriend is the kindest, most thoughtful, smartest, sweetest man I know.
At my friend Ern's Wedding -- the night we made everything official.

AB and I have known each other for approx. 5 years... We met through a mutual friend, NYC, at Logan's Roadhouse over some Roadhouse Teas. I had just gotten off work (I was working as a server all through college) and decided to meet up with NYC for a drink, having no idea AB was there too. Well, you have to really know NYC to understand, but she can TALK... I love this girl to pieces, but she's the friend that when you talk on the phone, you do the listening, while she does the talking.
In the snow that fell Valentine's Day weekend, 2010 (AB hates this pic, but its just a weird angle!!)

Well, when I got to Logan's, AB and I hit it off immediately. We talked about everything under the sun, but mainly about music trivia (its one of my specialties), and AB could go toe-to-toe with me. To beat it all, NYC could not get a word in edge-wise!! AB and I just kept talking, and talking, and talking, and poor NYC was just speechless!! And believe me, this is a rarity!!

Me teaching AB to play "Heart and Soul" -- New Year's Eve trip to Tampa, FL 2010

NYC swears that from that moment, she knew that AB and would end up together in the end. However, it was not so clear to us. We were both dating other people at the time, and remained strictly friends until June of 2009. AB had been living in Jersey, for his internship in the city. He had just moved back South and had talked to NYC on the phone, where he found out that I still lived here too! So he got my number from NYC and decided to give it a shot -- he asked me out to play trivia, which was such a perfect first date if you know me!!

Out at Broadway -- 2010

We talked the entire time (again) -- the conversation just always seemed to come so easily. And we had so much in common, never having to reach for something to share. It was probably about after dating three months that we became serious and exclusive, but after that first real date, I think we both knew this is the person I want to be with.

Keeneland Spring Meet 2010
Now we're getting ready to move in together, and I couldn't be happier... AB makes me so happy, and I'm so glad everyday that he asked me out for the fateful game of trivia!!

Jacksonville, FL 2010

Little Sister even said after the first time she met him, "He's like a male version of YOU!" I don't think she meant that as a compliment, but I took it as one. Our 1 year anniversary is in June, and I can't wait to see what pictures are yet to be taken....

Me as Marie Antoinette and AB as the Tool Academy, Halloween in Chapel Hill, 2009

5 comments:

  1. What a fun read! I love your yellow Keeneland dress, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhmm I hope you have picture #1 in a frame!! I am glad you finally found someone who makes you sooo happy! Such a sweet story ; ) I love you BOTH!! MWAAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies!! I LOVED my Lilly dress too!! And Jess -- you need to call me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post/story! You guys are an adorable couple. By the way, I just found your blog and am always thrilled to find another KY girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet story- you all are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...