Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So Much To Do...

I apologize for the span in posts -- I've just been so busy lately!! My birthday was on Saturaday (post to follow soon), and this weekend, I'm heading up to Greensboro to meet up with my parents. A.B. is also heading out-of-town, so we've been trying to coordinate our schedules.

On that note, A.B. mentioned the other night that he thought it would be fun for us to run a 5K race together. Now, running a 5K is something that I've wanted to do for a while. I used to be an avid runner -- running at least a mile or two every day. But I've fallen out of that pattern over the past year or so. So when he mentioned this, I was a little nervous. Not only for the fact that I'll need to get back into shape to complete it, but because of some emotional baggage when it comes to exercise and a signifigant other. Not quite ready to post the details of *all that*, but let's just say, I've got a few hang-ups about it.

Long story short, I agreed that we should/would do a 5K in the next few months. The one we've found that we're going to do in June is in Greenville, The Candlelight Run.

My sister and I actually talked about doing this very run last summer, but we both had different things going on and just never got around to signing up for it. A.B. and I went to the Nike outlet last night and invested in some new running shoes. I ended up with these:
I'll be sure to keep ya'll posted on the progress... And I'm gonna do my best to finish up my birthday post tonight -- I promise!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...